Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is what I found at my local IGA supermarket. Looks kind of nice for a summer barbeque party.
Make and share this Fruit Skewers With Maple Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 4 kiwi fruits, peeled and cut into eights each
- 8 strawberries, halved
- 16 green grapes
- 16 red grapes
- 1 star fruit, sliced
- 4 pineapple slices, each cut into six pieces
- 8 cantaloupe balls or 8 other melon balls
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup 2% evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, diluted in a small amount water
- 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier (optional)
- Thread fruit onto eight wood skewers, alternating varieties. Reserve.
- In a small saucepan, heat maple syrup with evaporated milk. Bring to a boil and add cornstarch and Grand marnier.
- Continue to cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens.
- Serve two skewers per person, pouring hot maple sauce over fruit.
This is a really pretty salad. Much as I love maple syrup, it was a bit on the sweet side for me, but still enjoyable.