Recipe by LorenLou
A simple, moist and tender apple cake....delish with a cup of coffee or as a simple dessert with a bit of whipped cream!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 2 cups diced apples
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spray an 8 or 9" square pan with cooking spray.
- Combine dry ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Add egg, vanilla, and melted butter, and stir until moist.
- Fold in the apples and nuts.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar, if desired.