Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
My grandma would make these scones weekly and as always they were a big hit. She would make enough for the whole street and they'd all be gone by the end of the day. They were great with butter or butter and jam.
- Sieve together flour, salt, soda and cream of tartar into a bowl.
- Rub in margarine.
- Add sugar, sultanas (or currants)
- Mix to a soft but not sticky dough, with as much milk as necessary. it could leave a tablespoon of milk, Knead lightly until smooth.
- Roll out 1/2 inch thick, cut into 2 1/2 inch rounds.
- Bake on greased tray at Gas 7/425°F above centre of oven, about 12 minutes.