Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Serve with Cinnamon Tortilla Chips.
Make and share this Fruit Salsa With Cinnamon Tortilla Chips recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large Red Delicious apple
- 1 kiwi, peeled
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh peach
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam or 2 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- Place all fruit in a food processor and pulse until consistency of salsa.
- Add jam, brown sugar and juice, mix.
- Serve with cinnamon tortilla chips.
I made this for a baby shower today using canned peaches, mandarin oranges, and strawberries since this is not the best season for fresh fruit in my area. I put the canned fruit together last night, along with the orange juice, brown sugar, and jam. At that stage, I was kind of concerned (mainly due to the "canned" corn-syrupy taste that it had, which is no fault of this recipe). But, this morning, when I added the fresh chopped apple (I used honeycrisp.) and kiwi... Wow! It was good! I will definitely be hanging on to this recipe and hoping to try it sooner or later with more fresh fruit. Thanks for the cool recipe!