Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Creating a Stir, In the Bluegrass and Beyond, Lexington Medical Society Auxiliary cookbook. This looks delicious and very kid-friendly! Posted for the strawberry recipe swap.
- 2 medium granny smith apples, chopped
- 1 kiwi fruit, sliced and chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons apple jelly
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 orange, juice of
- 10 flour tortillas (1 package)
- Combine fruits with jelly and brown sugar; squeeze juice of one sweet orange over salsa and stir gently.
- Brush tortillas with water and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake tortillas at 350 for 5 minutes.
- Cut tortillas into pieces and serve with fruit salsa.
Wonderful. Spread marscarpone cheese over the crispy tortillas, then added the fruit. The marscarpone goes wonderfully with the flavors.
Made this as an appetizer to an indian taco dinner. It was a huge hit. The salsa was delicious. I did leave out the apple jelly as I didn't have any on hand. Didn't miss it though. I also did not make the tortilla chips. I was going to, then I saw a huge bag of them at Sam's club and thought it would save on some time. It did, and they were delicious with the fruit salsa.This is a keeper for sure. Thanks.
Yum! I used bluedberries instead of strawberries. Loved it! Great snack! Actually I had it for breakfast!