Recipe by AshleyP
great for kids found on cafemom.com
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I'd frozen strawberries for use in smoothies, so they came in handy for this recipe as well! This was so easy to put together, & THIS FRUIT SALSA IS GREAT! I made the cinnamon chips from flour tortillas ~ So simple & tasty, too! Will definitely make this again! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef]
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1 cup grapes
- 2 tbspoons apple butter (or any fruit preserves of your choice)
- 2 kiwi fruits
- 1 apple
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- cinnamon, crisps
- 1 package flat bread, wraps or 1 package flour flour tortilla
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Spray each flat bread wrap or tortilla wrap with cooking spray and sprinkle both sides well with cinnamon and sugar.
- 2. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Remove when wrap is almost stiff, and make sure they don't burn.
- 3. Set aside and let cool.
- 4. Place the fruit in a food processor, blender or hand chopper and chop to a "chunky salsa" consistency, but not too watery.
- Tip: You can add more fruit -- blueberries, raspberries, etc. This is the basic "favorite" recipe.
- Tip: You can serve the salsa with graham crackers if you're in a pinch.