1/2 Photos of Fruit Salad With Vanilla Bean Syrup
Kozmic Blues's Note:
The tiny specs of fresh vanilla bean in the syrup really add great flavor to all this wonderful fruit. Please feel free to substitute different fresh fruit that might be in season for any of the fruit I have listed here!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 pint blueberries
- 1/2 pint strawberry, halved
- 1 mango, pitted, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 -2 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 lb red seedless grapes
- 1 ruby grapefruits, segmented, juice reserved for syrup
- 1 cup honeydew melon, cubed
- 1 cup cantaloupe, cubed
- 1 cup pineapple, cubed
- 1Using a knife, scrape the vanilla seeds from the pod, and place seeds and pod into a saucepan.
- 2Add the water, sugar, and grapefruit juice.
- 3If you were unable to find a ruby red grapefruit, please adjust the amount of sugar according to your taste.
- 4If it’s not a ruby red, you might need some more.
- 5Bring liquid to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until thickened into syrup, about 15 minutes.
- 6Let cool, remove the pod, and place vanilla syrup in refrigerator until chilled.
- 7Add prepared fruit into a bowl and toss with the chilled vanilla syrup.
- 8Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruit Salad With Vanilla Bean Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.2
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 12.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 42.2 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: