Don't knock it until you try!!!
Make and share this Fruit Salad With Pepper (Yes Pepper) Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- In a small saucepan, combine 1 cup water, half of the mint leaves, the sugar, vinegar and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cornstarch and 4 t. water.
- Stir into the saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss the dressing with the fruit.
- To with remaining mint leaves.
This is divine. Just divine. You will swear you have been to islands and when you wake up - you will realize you are still in your kitchen. Don't make the mistake I made!!! I went to pick the "mint" from the garden and accidentally grabbed a fistful of *catnip* and proceeded with the recipe. Did not realize this until I had completed the exercise, and went to taste, (ignored the fact that all four cats were sitting by the counter) and realized my mistake! Made all over again, with *mint* this time, and it is divine! Easy to do, and so pretty, you will honestly think you were in a dainty tea-room. Now if you should put the *catnip* in, it really isn't bad, and the cats love you even more. But the mint is the way to go! Go ahead, enjoy some pepper with your fruit! You will never know, but there is a slight really nice "ding" that is just smooth and a wonderful taste! Made for CB *Everyday is a Holiday* Decembre 2009
Don't knock it until you try it is right! This was really good, a nice change from regular fruit salad. The pepper comes out a little later, after the sweetness from the fruit and sugar. The balsamic and mint are a very nice combintion as well. A very good balance of unexpected flavors. Made for PAC sring 09.