Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I tossed this together at the last second for a fruit salad and it turned out wonderful. I did not have time to chill the salad, but it was fine at room temp. Use cold fruit so the salad does not have to be chilled before serving or bananas and apples may turn brown.
- 1 peeled orange, sectioned, seeds & white cover removed
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 15 red seedless grapes or 15 green seedless grapes
- 1 banana, ripe but still firm, sliced
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange-flavored liqueur (Grand Mariner etc.)
- 1 tablespoon sweetened flaked coconut (optional)
- Toss fruit together adding banana last to keep from mashing it.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over fruit and toss gently.
- Sprinkle orange liquor over fruit and toss again gently.
- Chill and serve.
- Sprinkle coconut over top if you like.
This was very good but next time I will try 3 tablespoon orange liqueur