Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A refreshing summer salad that will cool your craving for something sweet without loading up on calories. Found this on another website.
- 1 large ripe honeydew melon, seeded and cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
- 1 pint strawberry, hulled and halved
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups nonfat plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- In a large bowl, toss melon, strawberries, lime juice and sugar. Let stand for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. (The yogurt will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.).
- Serve Fruit Salad with Lime Yogurt.
WOW - this was so easy and the flavor is wonderful - tart yet sweet. I could not find a honeydew melon (or any type of melon for that matter) at the grocery, but we did have fresh pineapple and strawberries, so I used that. I also used plain Greek yogurt and it made for a very smooth and creamy topping. I also think that seedless red or green grapes would be wonderful in this. Thanks Mrs. Bricker ~ we really enjoyed this and I can't wait to put it in parfait glasses and serve it on a hot summer day :) It's a keeper!! Made for Spring PAC 2010!