Recipe by Chef Moto Mom
This is a recipe I found from Paula Deen and it is a refreshingly different fruit salad.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Could not bring myself to include the avocado in this otherwise WONDERFUL SALAD! One thing I DID do was to toast the pecans that I used! Other than that, I followed the recipe pretty well, & as I said, the salad was wonderful ~ The citrus, poppy seed & mustard along with the fruits made for a great taste treat! Thanks for sharing! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted orphans in this Spring's PAC]
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup oil (not olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon lemon, juice plus
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 apple, cored and diced (any type will work)
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts or 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- for the Dressing,.
- Combine the honey, orange juice, oil, 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice, poppy seeds, salt, and mustard in a jar with a tight lid; cover and shake well.
- Toss the apples, banana and avocado with the juice from 1 lemon to prevent from browning.
- Combine the fruit, raisins and nuts in a bowl. Add the dressing and stir gently.