Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Found this recipe at the local "Quality Greens" market. Summer's coming!!!
- 2 cups diced melon
- 4 kiwi, diced
- 1 fresh mango
- 1 large orange, diced
- 1 fresh papaya, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups strawberries, diced
- 1 apple, diced
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple, diced
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 slice lime peel
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Add to or take away from the salad items to 'personalize' your salad.
- Combine diced (seeds removed) fruit ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine water, sugar, ginger, lime peel, cinnamon sticks and honey in a saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes to reduce.
- Cool and strain out cinnamon sticks and lime peel.
- Stir in fresh lime juice immediately before pouring over fruit salad.
- Toss gently and serve.
Come summer time and this fresh fruit dessert is the MOST popular dessert in my house. I've made this more number of times than I can remember and it's always been a HUGE SUCCESS with everybody. I make this usually around 10am and serve it right after lunch(2pm). When you serve this chilled, it tastes sooooooo good! Truly an A+ recipe and real winner in my book!