Recipe by Dianne Clewien
While preparing dinner for my family one night I thought a fruit salad would be a nice touch. But the only fruit I had on hand was fruit cocktail and mandarin orange slices. After draining the fruit I had to come up with a dressing for it. I combined parts of 2 recipes I found in Southern Living Cookbook and adapted them with some of my own additions until I had the taste and consistency that I thought it should be.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can mandarin orange sections, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup reserved fruit juice (optional)
- 3⁄4-1 cup powdered sugar (depending on sweet you want the dressing)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain and reserve the juice from the fruit cocktail and mandarin orange slices, set aside.
- In another bowl beat the cream cheese until creamy.
- Add the sour cream and continue beating until well combined.
- Add the powdered sugar and mix well.
- Add fruit juice until you reach the consistency you want.
- Pour over fruit and let stand for at least an hour before serving.