Recipe by sochocmom
This is a low fat, easy and quick to prepare, nutritious fruit salad with a Poppyseed Cream Cheese Dressing. Its a very colorful, refreshing salad and is great for breakfast, snack or even as a dessert when trying to eat healthy. You can substitute 2 Cups of diced fresh pineapple for the canned in the recipe.
- 2 cups sliced bananas (about 2 large)
- 1 -20 ounce canned unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 3 kiwi fruits, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 (8 ounce) package light cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 3 tablespoons skim milk
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the dressing, place the cream cheese, honey and skim milk in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer till smooth.
- Stir in the poppy seeds.
- Set aside.
- Combine the fruits in a large bowl, and toss to mix well.
- To assemble the salads, place 3/4 Cup of fruit in a serving dish and top with 2 Tablespoons of the dressing.
- Serve immediately.