1/2 Photos of Fruit Salad With Cardamom and Nutmeg
For breakfast, lunch or dinner! A combination of fresh and canned fruit with complimentary spices and a wee bit of no fat sour cream. Nice light lunch. Chill time not included in timing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 apple, cored, quartered and sliced, do not peel (we like Macs)
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and cubed
- 1 (284 ml) can orange sections, in pear juice or 1 (284 ml) can water, no sugar added
- 1 (14 ounce) can peaches, sliced, in pear juice or 1 (14 ounce) can water, no sugar added
- 1 (14 ounce) can pineapple chunks or 1 (14 ounce) can pineapple slices, quartered, in pineapple juice, no sugar added
- 1/2 lime, juice of
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1In a large bowl add banana, apple and grapefruit, gently stir to mix.
- 2Add the orange segments and peaches with their juice.
- 3Add the pineapple, reserve the juice.
- 4Stir to mix.
- 5Add enough of the pineapple juice to nearly cover all of the fruit; squeeze the lime juice over all and gently stir to mix.
- 6Sprinkle the cardamom, through a sifter over all then grate the nutmeg over the fruit, add a pinch of salt; stir gently to mix.
- 7Place the no fat sour cream in the centre on top of the fruit.
- 8Cover lightly with plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes or up to 1 hour.
- 9Serve with a muffin or toast and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruit Salad With Cardamom and Nutmeg
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 147.5
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 1.9 mg
- Sodium 42.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 24.9 g
- Protein 2.8 g