Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
For breakfast, lunch or dinner! A combination of fresh and canned fruit with complimentary spices and a wee bit of no fat sour cream. Nice light lunch. Chill time not included in timing.
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 apple, cored, quartered and sliced, do not peel (we like Macs)
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and cubed
- 1 (284 ml) can orange sections, in pear juice or 1 (284 ml) can water, no sugar added
- 1 (14 ounce) can peaches, sliced, in pear juice or 1 (14 ounce) can water, no sugar added
- 1 (14 ounce) can pineapple chunks or 1 (14 ounce) can pineapple slices, quartered, in pineapple juice, no sugar added
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
- In a large bowl add banana, apple and grapefruit, gently stir to mix.
- Add the orange segments and peaches with their juice.
- Add the pineapple, reserve the juice.
- Stir to mix.
- Add enough of the pineapple juice to nearly cover all of the fruit; squeeze the lime juice over all and gently stir to mix.
- Sprinkle the cardamom, through a sifter over all then grate the nutmeg over the fruit, add a pinch of salt; stir gently to mix.
- Place the no fat sour cream in the centre on top of the fruit.
- Cover lightly with plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes or up to 1 hour.
- Serve with a muffin or toast and enjoy!