Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 cup peach, chopped
- 1 cup nectarine, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blackberry, cut in half depending on size
- 3⁄4 cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons honey, softenend
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, reduced to 1 tablespoon (read *NOTE- dark or white vinegar. Original recipe specified balsamic glaze.)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon crystallized ginger, minced (I used 1/2 teapsoon freshly grated ginger)
- 2 ounces dark chocolate
- *NOTE: Balsamic glaze is available in specialty stores. For easier preparation, use about the amount of vinegar indicated in the recipe and heat on the stove top. Reduce by about 1/3 until syrupy.
- Use a vegetable peeler to shave the dark chocolate. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the peaches, nectarines, raspberries and blackberries.
- Puree the blueberries with the honey, balsamic glaze and ginger. Pour half the blueberry glaze over the fruit and toss gently.
- Divide and arrange the mixed fruit onto 4 salad plates. Garnish each serving with 1 tablespoon of chocolate curls.
- Serve the remaining blueberry glaze on the side.
This review is for the blueberry glaze which is wonderful! It is not overly sweet. I used the glaze in a blueberry shortcake-type dessert. I have not tried the fruit salad as specified in this recipe.