Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Southern Living. In the produce section of the supermarket are refrigerated jars of sliced mango and pink grapefruit segments which work well in this salad.
- 8 cups gourmet mixed salad greens
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mangoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups pink grapefruit, segments
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 large avocado, peeled and sliced
- 0.5 (10 ounce) jar seedless blackberry preserves
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- Add the salad ingredients to a large bowl, toss gently to combine.
- To make the vinaigrette: Add the first 6 vinaigrette ingredients to the container of a blender; pulse 2 or 3 (or more) times until blended.
- With blender running, pour vegetable oil through the food chute in a slow, steady stream; process until smooth.
- Once salad is tossed, serve immediately with vinaigrette.