Recipe by Is This Really Necessary
A nice, out-of-the-ordinary fruit salad. Don't let the fruit stand in the syrup for too long, or you'll get a sort of chunky fruit sweet-and-sour.
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1⁄4 liter balsamic vinegar
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 melon (preferably the Gallia variety)
- 500 g strawberries
- 250 g grapes, pitless
- 1 mango
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 7 1⁄2 g mint leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut open vanilla bean.
- Reduce vinegar with vanilla, laurel, and sugar to half the original volume.
- Stir regularly.
- Allow to cool.
- Remove vanilla bean and laurel leaf.
- Halve the melon, remove pits and rind, and dice.
- Clean strawberries and halve.
- Remove stems from grapes.
- Remove rind and pit from mango and dice.
- Mix fruit and syrup in a (glass) bowl.
- Decorate with mint leaves.