Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is a quick and unique twist on plain old fruit salad. I usually keep the topping in my fridge and top ice cream or yogurt with it. It's a quick throw together for a last minute get-together. Any combination of fruit can be used with the topping, the possibilities are endless. Great at breakfast time too!
- 236.59 ml fresh strawberries
- 236.59 ml fresh pineapple
- 236.59 ml fresh peach
- 236.59 ml slivered almonds
- 59.14 ml white sugar
- Combine all fruit in a medium salad bowl and set aside.
- Mix the almonds and the sugar together; place mixture in a skillet on high heat, stirring constantly,just until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove mixture from heat and spread on wax paper, allowing almond topping to cool completely.
- When completely cooled, break into pieces.
- Do not top salad with topping until ready to serve.