Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Refreshing West African, Tropical Fruit Salad.
Make and share this Fruit Salad or Dessert recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 1 cup diced peeled ripe mango
- 1 cup sliced banana
- 1 cup orange section
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime, juice and zest of
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ginger
- 1 cup coconut, toasted
- Combine salad ingredients in a medium bowl, tossing gently to combine. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
I really like the blend of fruit flavours in this salad! I used half the amount of unsweetened coconut and it was more than enough. I will be enjoying this again for sure. Made for Sun and Spice event. Thanks Rita~! :)
Very good! I made this last night for out Super Bowl party and everyone loved it. I subbed fresh mint leaves for the coconut. I felt it needed a bit of color and the mint worked very well.
I loved this salad. The spices added made this sooooo yummy. My kids however weren't as impressed but they still ate their one helping. I've decieded I will divide this recipe in half next time and omit the cinnamon, cardamom adn ginger on their half. Thank you so much for a more complex flavored fruit salad.