Christopher Williams, BellaOnline's Greek Food Editor http://www.greek-recipe.com/ancient-fruit-salad/
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the melon in half and remove the flesh carefully so as to leave the rind intact allowing it to be used as a pair of bowls.
- 2Cut the removed melon flesh into 1-inch pieces.
- 3In a large bowl mix the fruit and the almonds. Divide the mixture between the two melon rinds.
- 4In a small pan mix the honey and wine (or grape juice) and heat over a low flame stirring until the honey is dissolved.
- 5Pour the honeyed wine over the fruit in the two melon halves.
- 6Refrigerate the whole for about an hour prior to serving.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruit Salad of the Ancient Greeks
Serving Size: 1 (1240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 954.7
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 239.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 203.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.3 g
- Sugars 173.9 g
- Protein 13.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dry red wine