Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Cut an orange in half, remove the flesh, and use it to make colorful, juicy fruit salad. Then spoon the salad back into the orange shell for a fun presentation.
- 2 oranges, seedless
- 1 apple, peeled and cut into small bite-size pieces
- 1 banana, peeled and cut into small bite-size pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the orange half widthwise. Using a small, serrated knife, cut around the flesh, separating it from the orange skin on both the sides and the bottom without cutting through the shell. Remove the orange sections and any juice.
- Chop the orange sections, removing any sees, into small bite-size pieces. Mix in the apple and banana pieces.
- Spoon the fruit salad and any accumulated juice back into the orange shells.
- Makes 4 servings.
- Make this fruit salad up to 8 hours ahead of time. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Add any type of fruit you like, depending on what's in season - grapes, pears, berries, peaches, and so on.