Recipe by Geniale Genie
This is a beautiful, tasty, and healthy sweet that is ideal to give as a gift to a hostess or bring to a potluck. To serve, just pour into a large bowl, stir, and voilà! Feel free to change fruit combination and order. So they keep more of their colour, I place bananas at the bottom of the jar to make sure they are fully covered with liquid.
- 2 bananas, thinly sliced
- 1 cup red grapes
- 2 peaches, quartered and thinly sliced
- 3 kiwi fruits, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 (20 ounce) can papayas
- 1 cm piece cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer fruit in chosen jar in this order: bananas, grapes, peaches, kiwis. Pour papaya and its syrup over top.
- In a small, saucepan, dissolve sugar in the water. Add cinnamon stick and maple extract. Bring to a boil and simmer approximately 2-3 minutes or until all sugar crystals are dissolved. Remove cinnamon stick.
- Cover the fruit with hot liquid and put on lid. Cool at room temperature then refrigerate until ready to serve.