Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad can also be served as a dessert. It can be made in as little as 5 minutes. It looks fabulous and tastes great. I always get requests for the recipe and no one can believe how easy it is to make. You can also serve this warmed - it is quite good that way.
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (16 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) cansliced peaches, NOT drained
- 1 (16 ounce) cansliced pears, drained
- 2 (8 ounce) cans mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can grapes, drained (optional)
- 2 ounces sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 ounce Grand Marnier (optional)
- Lightly toast almonds in oven, toaster oven or dry non stick frying pan for a couple of minutes. Watch carefully, as they brown fast. Let cool while you mix other ingredients.
- Mix all fruits together in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle with toasted almond slices.
- You can add Grand Marnier and flambe to serve if you like - just light with a match.
This is a delicious fruit salad that is more like a fruit topping as opposed to a salad. Definitely would make again.
This fruit salad is awesome! I used the apple pie filling that comes pre-spiced and that added a nice zip. Great served over plain oatmeal, cottage cheese, vanilla ice cream or all by itself.