1/1 Photo of Fruit Salad from Heaven
1 hr 45 mins
Redneck Epicurean's Note:
This is my absolute favorite fruit salad. When I take it to church, the bowl is always left clean and nobody knows it's not made with sugar. It's such an easy way to get my fruit fill for the day. This can be used as a diabetic diet fruit exchange; 1 fruit exchange for this is one cup. NOTE: You should use as much fresh fruit as possible. The only thing from a can is pineapple and peaches (and cherries - fresh cherries don't work for this). This salad also should not be prepared until right before serving if at all possible. Refrigerate all the fruit except the bananas. Cooking time is chill time.
My Private Note
large b ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 (20 ounce) canned peaches, drained and cut into chunks
- 1 small maraschino cherry, cut in half (reserve juice)
- 2 oranges, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 cups strawberries, quartered
- 3 kiwi fruits, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 mangoes, peeled and diced
- 1 medium gala apples, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced thin
- 2 cups white grapes, halved
- 2 cups black grapes, halved
- 1/4-1/2 cup Splenda granular
- 2 tablespoons cherry juice
- 1Place all the fruit in a large bowl.
- 2Depending upon how much juice you want in the salad, pour the Splenda on top of the fruit, 1/2 cup for more juice, 1/4 cup for less.
- 3Add the cherry juice and stir to mix fruit and distribute the Splenda and cherry juice.
- 4Cover and place in the refrigerator for one hour.
- 5Right before serving, slice the banana thin and stir into the salad, redistributing the juice.
- 6This can be served with angel food cake, pound cake, or by itself.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruit Salad from Heaven
Serving Size: 1 (467 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 336.9
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 11.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 67.8 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: