Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This is an attractive way to serve in a special party cake and everybody likes it. Enjoy
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (4 ounce) vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks (reserve juice)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) can mandarin segments, drained
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 1⁄2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup maraschino cherry
- Prepare cake according to package directions. Cool completely. Split cake in half horizontally to make 2 layers.
- Prepare pudding mix according to package directions.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. Set pineapple aside. Beat reserved juice into cream cheese.
- Spread half of cream cheese mixture over top of each cake layer.
- In 3 quart punch bowl or large glass salad bowl, spoon half of the pineapple chunks. Place one cake layer on top, then arrange in layers, 1/2 of mandarin segments, strawberries, 1/2 of blueberries, 1/2 of pudding.
- Spread with 1/2 of the whipped cream and sprinkle with 1/2 of the pecans.
- Repeat layering beginning with rest of pineapple and blueberries and add cherries on top.
- Sprinkle more chopped pecans, if like.