Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a delightful fruit salad that always draws rave reviews anytime I fix it at home or take it to showers or carry-ins. The "secret ingredient" is a box of instant French Vanilla pudding! You really can substitute fresh fruits for canned or frozen or visa versa, so I'm going to list the combination that I usually use. Any time I use canned fruits, I use them in their own juice, and you can substitute sugar free pudding as well.
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box French vanilla instant pudding
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 (16 ounce) can mandarin oranges
- 2 (16 ounce) cans fruit cocktail, drained
- 16 ounces frozen sliced strawberries, thawed
- 2 bananas
- Drain the pineapple juice and mandarin orange juice into a large bowl.
- Mix the pudding mix into the juices.
- Add pineapple, oranges, drained fruit cocktail, and strawberries.
- Mix well.
- Slice peeled bananas into salad right before serving.
So easy and so good! I used canned pineapple & mandarin oranges and thawed frozen strawberries. All I had on hand was vanilla pudding, but it was really good. I will try the French vanilla next time. Thanks for a great recipe!