Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here's an easy fruit salad recipe. Served with some shortbread cookies, it will even make a nice dessert. The photos show my 7 year old granddaughter, Savannah, preparing the salad. Get your kids in the kitchen to have fun making this. It's ironic that we served this in a cut glass bowl that was a wedding gift from Aunt Shug 44 years ago. She had a theory about wedding gifts that I've tried to follow. Always give a useful keepsake gift. Then the giver will be remembered each time it is used. Her theory sure holds true in this case. From the kitchen of Shug Cupp Cleeton, Moberly MO.
- 1 (16 ounce) can peach pie filling
- 1 (16 ounce) can chunk pineapple, drained
- 1 (12 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained
- 1⁄2 cup coconut, shredded (optional)
- 2 bananas, sliced
- Mix, chill and serve in a cut glass bowl.