Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe (if you can call it that) that I concocted. The Jello gives it just enough sweetness and a nice red color. I use canned fruit because I always have it on hand, but (of course) you can always use all fresh fruit. Use your imagination and add (or delete) any fruit. The strawberries and bananas tend to soften if left in the mixture to long. Best to add them just before serving. During the summer months I always have some in my frig.
- Jello gelatin (I prefer any red)
- Drain all canned fruit (save juices- add some to recipe if needed, or desired) Mix all fruit together.
- Sprinkle with Jello (enough to sweeten- not entire package).
- Peel and slice bananas, oranges and kiwi into bite-size pieces.
- Slice strawberries.
- Remove grapes from vine.
- Add oranges, kiwi and grapes to Jello mixture.
- Strawberries and bananas should be added last as they tend to soften.
This was wonderful. Everyone loved this. I will be making this again Thanks!
I used your recipe as a base for mine. My mom made this all the time, and I just couldn't remember the basics of the recipe. I made it for my Christas Dinner, used Blue Raspberry gelatin, along with some canned peaches, pears, and fruit cocktail, and fresh pineapple along with some miniature marshmallows.
Wow! DH & I just love this fruit salad. I used 2 cups of fresh fruit for the two of us adding @ 1/3 of a small box of strawberry jello. I used an orange, a pluot, a kiwi, some red grapes, and a few strawberries. It was all gone! DH could not guess what the sweetener was!