Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Change the ingredients to suit your tastes. Use more seasonal fruits when possible.
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 granny smith apple
- 1 bunch red grapes
- 1⁄2 bunch green grape
- 1 banana
- 1 quart strawberry
- 2 ounces almonds
- Mix first 4 ingredients with a mixer until smooth.
- Toast the almonds at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- Slice the apple into 8 slices and cut those pieces into thirds to get them the right size.
- Quarter the strawberries and wash them with the grapes.
- Slice the banana into bite size chunks.
- Toss fruit and cooled almonds in a large bowl. Gently fold in the creme topping. Because there is lemon juice in it, the fruit will not brown for a few days.
- Substitute ingredients to suit your tastes. Use blueberries when in season, or add some watermelon. Toast walnuts instead of almonds, or maybe add pecans! Perfect salad for a potluck.