Recipe by Michelle Berteig
This is a fruit salad recipe that I got from my mom. I think it is her own creation. Anyway, it is our favorite fruit salad, is easy to make, and keeps well in the refrigerator.
Top Review by Kat's Mom
Very nice and hit the spot with my husband who was craving citrus. I enjoyed it, but thought the grapefruit was just a bit too tart in an otherwise sweet fruit salad. I will probably substitute peaches next time. A recipe with great "bones". Nuts, bananas, coconut, or melon pieces would be good additions, too. Thanks for sharing your Mom's recipe.
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 oranges, peeled and sliced into bite size pieces
- 2 grapefruits, peeled and sliced into bite size pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together in large container.
- Note: You may not want to add all the thickened cherry juice from the can of cherry pie filling. First add all the cherries, then enough of the juice to make a nice sauce for the fruit salad and color it a pretty shade of pink/red.