Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a fruit salad recipe that I got from my mom. I think it is her own creation. Anyway, it is our favorite fruit salad, is easy to make, and keeps well in the refrigerator.
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 oranges, peeled and sliced into bite size pieces
- 2 grapefruits, peeled and sliced into bite size pieces
- Mix all ingredients together in large container.
- Note: You may not want to add all the thickened cherry juice from the can of cherry pie filling. First add all the cherries, then enough of the juice to make a nice sauce for the fruit salad and color it a pretty shade of pink/red.
Very nice and hit the spot with my husband who was craving citrus. I enjoyed it, but thought the grapefruit was just a bit too tart in an otherwise sweet fruit salad. I will probably substitute peaches next time. A recipe with great "bones". Nuts, bananas, coconut, or melon pieces would be good additions, too. Thanks for sharing your Mom's recipe.