Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Cute little berry cubes that bring joy to your life as well as your glasses. I use these in the Summer or Spring to bring a joy to a tickling glass of ice tea, farm water, champagne, wine, or tonic water. Easy to put together, and a glorious in view.
- 1 (12 ounce) package unsweetened berries (raspberries, strawberries or mixture)
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry preserves
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice (or cranberry)
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle champagne (or dessert wine optional)
- iced tea (optional)
- Defrost berries overnight. Push berries and jam through a strainer until you have 1 1/2 cups (approx) of mixture.
- Put berry mixture into ice cube trays to make 12 cubes. Pour fruit juice into another set of ice cube trays.
- Freeze at least 3 to 4 hours.
- Pull cubes out with a small knife and put them into a bag for later use, and back in freezer.
- 30 minutes before serving put 2 / 3 cubes of berry/ juice mixture in each glass. Place the glasses in the fridge for 20 minutes or on the counter for 15 minutes to soften cubes slightly.
- Pour wine, or even water over cubes and serve with something sweet like a piece of cake.
This recipe came just in time as I have a lot of jostaberries that can be used for this.
I prepared enought ice cube that I will serve to our next guests.
Thanks a lot for the impressive apero drink.
Done for ZWT7
These little things are so good, and not hard to make! I ran the fruit and jam through a food processor before straining, I think that helped a little. I had just enough to make 12 cubes. Made for ZWT 7.
Made mine with just orange juice and fresh blueberries . . . they're also a great addition to smooties! Thanks Andi!