Recipe by MarieRynr
This is like having summer in a jar. A tasty fruit relish for those winter months ahead. Cook time is approximate
- 20 ripe tomatoes
- 8 pears
- 8 peaches
- 6 large onions
- 2 red sweet peppers
- 4 cups white sugar
- 1 quart vinegar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons whole pickling spices (tie up in a square of muslin)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel all the fruits.
- Cut the tomatoes into pieces, slice fruit 1/4 inch thick, mince onion.
- Put all the ingredients into a large kettle.
- Bring to a boil and cook, stirring occasionally for about 2 hours, until no watery liquid is left and mixture is thick.
- Ladle into sterile jars and seal according to manufacturers directions,.