Recipe by Chef mariajane
Fresh pears, nectarines and plums anchor these fruit quesadillas enriched with cream cheese and jazzed up with pure maple syrup. Mix and match fruits to create deliciously different combos.
- 1 nectarine, ripe, but firm, pitted and diced
- 1 pear, ripe but firm, cored and diced
- 2 plums, ripe but firm, pitted and diced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 125 g cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 4 tortillas (regular or whole wheat)
- icing sugar (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine nectarine, pear, plums, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, combine cream cheese, maple syrup and orange rind.
- Spread each tortilla with about 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture.
- Top half of each tortilla with 1/2 cup of fruit.
- Fold each tortilla over to cover filling and press down gently.
- Cook in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes on each side or until crispy and browned.
- Removed from heat and let stand for 1 minute. Cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges, sprinkle with icing sugar. Serve immediately.
- TIPS: To grill quesadillas, cook over medium-high heat for 1 1/2 - 2 minutes per side or until crispy and browned.