Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fresh pears, nectarines and plums anchor these fruit quesadillas enriched with cream cheese and jazzed up with pure maple syrup. Mix and match fruits to create deliciously different combos.
- 1 nectarine, ripe, but firm, pitted and diced
- 1 pear, ripe but firm, cored and diced
- 2 plums, ripe but firm, pitted and diced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 125 g cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 4 tortillas (regular or whole wheat)
- icing sugar (to garnish)
- In a small bowl, combine nectarine, pear, plums, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, combine cream cheese, maple syrup and orange rind.
- Spread each tortilla with about 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture.
- Top half of each tortilla with 1/2 cup of fruit.
- Fold each tortilla over to cover filling and press down gently.
- Cook in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes on each side or until crispy and browned.
- Removed from heat and let stand for 1 minute. Cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges, sprinkle with icing sugar. Serve immediately.
- TIPS: To grill quesadillas, cook over medium-high heat for 1 1/2 - 2 minutes per side or until crispy and browned.