Recipe by Cookingfor7
Jello squares are yummy- but I just don't agree with all that sugar (or artificial sweeteners). Here's a great recipe to keep the taste of the Jello brand squares and feel a little better about what you're feeding your kids.
Top Review by Hiryuu
Posting this as "100 percent juice" when you use Jell-O in it is completely inaccurate. You can buy plain gelatin in a store and add juice; there is usually a recipe on the carton. To make it a bit sweeter without adding artificial sugar, you can use frozen juice and not fully reconstitute it.
- 3 (1/4 ounce) packets unflavored gelatin
- 1 (3 ounce) package Jello gelatin (4 serving size, cherry or raspberry)
- 1 cup water, heated to boiling
- 1 cup cold 100% juice fruit punch
- 3 cups fruit punch, heated to boiling
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir flavored gelatin into 1 cup boiling water until sugar is dissolved.
- In large bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold juice and let stand 1 minute.
- Add hot juice and flavored gelatin mix into cold juice mixture and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Pour into 13x9x2-inch pan and refrigerate until firm (3-4 hours).
- Cut into squares to serve.