Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My aunt made this once for Thanksgiving and it was such a hit! Everyone HAD to have the recipe. Now, not a holiday passes that there isn't a bowl of this at the table. This can be made with sugar free pudding to make it a diabetic dessert and is just as delicious!
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 (16 ounce) can peach slices
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange sections
- 2 apples
- 1 (3 3/4 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk (cold)
- 1⁄3 cup frozen orange juice concentrate (thawed)
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- Drain canned fruits.
- Core and chop apples.
- Combine all fruit in bowl and set aside.
- Beat box of pudding with cold milk and orange juice concentrate for 2 minutes.
- Beat in sour cream.
- Fold this mixture into fruit mixture.
- Cover and chill thoroughly.
I made this yesterday for a BBQ and it was a huge hit everybody loved it! I didn't have peaches so I used pear juice to make the pudding. I did add sugar over the strawberries to bring out there natural juices. YUM! I was told I am in charge of the fruit salad from now on. Thanks for a great recipe.
This is delicious and very healthy! I used the normal sized box of pudding (1 ounce) and it turned out perfectly. I can't imagine it having any more pudding, so I don't know if that was listed wrong? It doesn't matter because it's excellent!!! The "sauce" is amazing and would be great for a fruit dip or on any fruit. Made for Spring PAC 2009. Thanks!
This salad is fantastic...the only change I made was to add Marchino cherries.....Way good!!!