Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is so yummy and easy to make! You can use cheesecake pudding mix instead of coconut. You can add miniature marshmallows if you so desire.
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant coconut pudding mix
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin oranges (drained)
- 1 (12 ounce) can crushed pineapple (drained)
- 1 -2 sliced banana, to taste
- Combine the pudding and buttermilk and mix well.
- It will be thick; but get out any lumps.
- Add all the other ingredients and chill.
Here's an outstanding & easy-to-make side dish. I was tempted to use it as a dessert, but didn't, & it was a big hit with the main course. The buttermilk gives it a great taste, & the use of a bit of coconut would jazz it up even more! This is a recipe I definitely want to keep on making! Many thanks.
You said it... yummy and easy! I made this with New Year's Day Dinner. I was looking for a fruity, quick, and easy side instead of fruit salad or watergate (pistachio) salad and this certainly fit the bill. I used vanilla pudding since I seemed to be out of cheesecake. The only other change was that I used two 8 ounce cans of crushed pineapple. I really enjoyed the result. It tasted great with little effort. My mom thought it was a little on the sweet side, but I thought it was the perfect amount of sweet. Next time I might even add a little coconut and/or chopped pecans.