Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups oats, uncooked
- 1 cup fruit preserves
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, Sliced, toasted
- Cream the butter and the brown sugar together.
- Add the flour and the baking soda; mix well. Blend in extract.
- Stir in oats.
- Spread mixture in bottom of greased 13x9 inch pan.
- Spread with preserves to within 1/2 inch of outer edge of pan.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 22 to 25 minutes.
- Cool and cut into bars.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease 13x9 inch pan
- Note 1: Experiment with different flavor combinations of extract, nuts and preserves.
- Note 2: Oats can be old-fashioned or quick, but not instant.
Very popular in our house. A great way to use up last year's jam when the new batches look more enticing for toast. I used huckleberry jam. I reserved some of the crust to put on the top in place of the almonds because nuts are banned at our school.