Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 19 mins
Pound cake with fruit.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon mace
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup seedless raisin
- 1⁄3 cup cherries, from a jar, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup orange rind, grated
- 1⁄4 lemon, rind of, grated
- 1⁄4 cup nuts, chopped
- Cream shortening and sugar together.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add flour, salt, mace. Mix again.
- Add vanilla and beat. Add remaining ingredients and mix very well.
- Bake in a greased loaf pan for 60 -80 minutes with the oven temp set at 350*.
- **NOTE: To make a basic pound cake, the use above recipe, OMITTING the fruit and follow directions for baking/preparing.**.