Most pleasing to the senses, this recipe is a definite keeper! It's very easy to make, takes little time and appears & tastes like a masterpiece!! The recipe was passed on to me by my daughter and is from "Cooking for Mr Latte". The original recipe used peaches but most any fruit would do very nicely! I used plums (red and black). It's not a sugary sweet dessert but will surely satisfy the sweet tooth!
- TART CASING:.
- Sift together the flour, salt and sugar.
- Whisk together the oil, milk and extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry in a circular motion and mix with fork or fingers until just moistened.
- Transfer the dough to a 9" tart pan and firmly pat over the bottom and sides with your fingers. Trim the edges.
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Slice the plums into wedges.
- Arrange the slices in the tart casing so that they overlap slightly, covering the whole tart, mixing the different plums.
- Using your fingers, pinch together the sugar, flour and butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over the plums.
- Bake 30 minutes or until crust is browned nicely.
- Serve warm, cold or @ room temperature. Can be served plain, with whipped cream, thick cream to drizzle or with a lightly sweetened sour cream.