Recipe by sharflan
Most pleasing to the senses, this recipe is a definite keeper! It's very easy to make, takes little time and appears & tastes like a masterpiece!! The recipe was passed on to me by my daughter and is from "Cooking for Mr Latte". The original recipe used peaches but most any fruit would do very nicely! I used plums (red and black). It's not a sugary sweet dessert but will surely satisfy the sweet tooth!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 plums, black sweet with red flesh
- 3 plums, sweet with yellow flesh
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- TART CASING:.
- Sift together the flour, salt and sugar.
- Whisk together the oil, milk and extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry in a circular motion and mix with fork or fingers until just moistened.
- Transfer the dough to a 9" tart pan and firmly pat over the bottom and sides with your fingers. Trim the edges.
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Slice the plums into wedges.
- Arrange the slices in the tart casing so that they overlap slightly, covering the whole tart, mixing the different plums.
- Using your fingers, pinch together the sugar, flour and butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over the plums.
- Bake 30 minutes or until crust is browned nicely.
- Serve warm, cold or @ room temperature. Can be served plain, with whipped cream, thick cream to drizzle or with a lightly sweetened sour cream.