1 hr 10 mins
This German/Austrian cake was very popular in my family and I still make it for my family. Although none of my relatives had a recipe for it written down, I found one for in Canadian Living magazine and adapted it to our tastes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 4 cups fruit, of your choice (e.g. blueberries, sweet cherries, chopped rhubarb, sliced peaches, apricots, plums or apples)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1In a bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and sugar; cut in butter finely.
- 2Combine egg and cream; stir into dry ingredients, adding a little more cream if needed, to make a soft, sticky dough.
- 3With floured hands, pat dough evenly into a lightly greased 12 x 8-inch or 9-inch square cake pan.
- 4Filling: In a bowl, combine fruit, sugar and flour.
- 5Combine egg and melted butter; gently mix into the fruit mixture.
- 6Spread evenly over base in pan.
- 7Topping: In a bowl, mix together flour, sugar and baking powder; cut in butter.
- 8Stir in cream to make a crumbly mixture; sprinkle over the fruit.
- 9Bake in a 325 degree F oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown.
- 10To serve, cut into large squares.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruit Platz
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 532.7
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 103.3 mg
- Sodium 241.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 50.2 g
- Protein 6.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: