Recipe by Abi Fae
I was looking for a cookie recipe for the crust that used either almond meal or coconut meal. Since I was nearly out of almond meal, I went with this: http://www.elanaspantry.com/category/desserts/ (the Vanilla Cupcakes) but it is too high sugar, so I changed the sugar content and I used butter instead of oil since I had none... and then I added the frosting and fruit... by the way... it is 4.5 carbs per serving, with the coconut meal added in. *smile*
- 9 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup dried coconut (use coconut meal)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 -2 teaspoon stevia
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon stevia
- 4 cups strawberries (or any mixed berries or fruit)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the eggs, vanilla, and melted butter in one bowl. Be sure the butter is cool enough to not cook the eggs. Mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, mix the coconut meal (I just used dried coconut for an accurate carb count), salt, baking soda, and stevia. (Stevia is an herb that tastes sweet. You can replace it with sugar or any sugar substitute.).
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix thoroughly.
- Grease a 17¼" x 12¼" x 1" jelly roll pan. Spread the batter evenly into the pan.
- Bake at 350 f for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cool completely.
- Mix the cream cheese, sour cream, lemon zest, and stevia. Add more sweetener if necessary. I don't like my sweets very sweet and I think the fruit adds more than enough flavor.
- Spread the frosting evenly over the cake.
- Slice the fruit and layer on top of the frosting.
- Slice and serve.