Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is adapted from a recipe that my husband's family has used for years. I changed it to individual servings so I could take it to a potluck. Everyone loved it. Other fruits can be added or substituted, like pineapple, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, oranges, cherries, peaches, etc. It's fun to use red, white and blue fruits for the Fourth of July.
- 16 1⁄2 ounces refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 4 ounces cream cheese (or Neufchatel)
- 1 -2 tablespoon sugar
- 16 ounces strawberries, chopped
- 2 -3 bananas, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice or 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 7 ounces whipped cream (I prefer the canned spray type)
- Bake cookies according to package directions. Slice bananas and chop strawberries while cookies bake.
- "Frost" each cookie with cream cheese, then place in baking cup.
- Dust each cookie with sugar.
- Coat bananas with lemon juice or orange juice to prevent browning, drain well.
- Arrange 2-3 slices of banana on top of each cookie.
- Add a spoonful of chopped strawberries on top of the bananas.
- Spray each cookie with a generous amount of whipped cream. (If serving later, do this right before serving).