Recipe by GrandmaG
I got this recipe about 20 years ago from a friend. My children loved it! (and so did the neighbors children!) Wonderful for pool parties.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained (reserve liquid)
- 2 bananas (sliced and put in reserved pineapple liquid)
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 4 cups Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix 1/2 of yellow cake mix with butter, eggs, brown sugar, and water.
- Mix in other half of cake mix, pecans and chocolate chips.
- Spray 2 pizza pans with vegetable spay.
- Spread half of dough out evenly on pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- (makes 2 crusts).
- Spread Cool Whip on cooled crust.
- In circular rows place bananas, strawberries and pineapples.
- Dot all over with blueberries.
- Does best when served the day it is made.