Recipe by Kater
This is a yummy dessert that looks impressive. You can vary the types of fruit you use, depending on what's in season, just use a similarly flavor of Jello. Canned fruits like mandarin oranges and pineapple work well too, if they are well drained. Some of my favorite cominations are fresh strawberries, kiwi and blueberries; also, mandarin oranges, sliced pineapple and maraschino cherries.
- 1 package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) box Jello gelatin
- various fruit, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a round pizza pan, press out cookie dough and bake according to package directions.
- Cool well.
- Whip together cream cheese, sour cream and powdered sugar.
- Spread over cooled crust.
- Arrange sliced fruits in a circle on top of cream cheese mixture.
- Mix together water, cornstarch and sugar.
- Boil until mixture is clean, stirring constantly.
- Add box of Jello to hot mixture and stir.
- Spread cooled glaze over fruit.
- Refrigerate and serve!