Recipe by Kelly Gould
This is one of my favorite snacks and it is soooo easy to make. The kids love it which is great since it is relatively a healthy treat. I got this one from my Mama, my mother's grandmother.
- 1 package cookie dough
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- fresh strawberries, halved (quartered if very large)
- pineapple chunk
- mandarin orange (*Can use all fresh fruit if in season and desired and can pick and choose which to use*)
- orange, glaze (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice COLD cookie dough into 1/4" or less slices and place side by side to cover your cookie sheet.
- Bake according to directions to make one"giant" sugar cookie.
- (Either Pizza shaped or Rectangular... I leave that up to you.) Let stand until cool to the touch.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar and vanilla, by hand until all are combined.
- Spread evenly over entire"cookie".
- Cut into Pizza slices if desired or into 2"x2" squares as I do.
- (We eat Pizza King pizza here... it's cut into squares, hence the slices I use for this dish, not to mention the fact that it makes more.) Anyway, slice it however you wish and then add fruit to each slice.
- If you choose to use the glaze, that step is before the fruit.
- I know most recipes I have seen for Fruit Pizza call for it but I personally don't like the stuff.
- Cheese spread and fruit are more than enough flavor for this dish.
- Refrigerate until cheese spread sets so as not to make such a big mess.