Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is one of my favorite snacks and it is soooo easy to make. The kids love it which is great since it is relatively a healthy treat. I got this one from my Mama, my mother's grandmother.
- 1 package cookie dough
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- fresh strawberries, halved (quartered if very large)
- pineapple chunk
- mandarin orange (*Can use all fresh fruit if in season and desired and can pick and choose which to use*)
- orange, glaze (optional)
- Slice COLD cookie dough into 1/4" or less slices and place side by side to cover your cookie sheet.
- Bake according to directions to make one"giant" sugar cookie.
- (Either Pizza shaped or Rectangular... I leave that up to you.) Let stand until cool to the touch.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar and vanilla, by hand until all are combined.
- Spread evenly over entire"cookie".
- Cut into Pizza slices if desired or into 2"x2" squares as I do.
- (We eat Pizza King pizza here... it's cut into squares, hence the slices I use for this dish, not to mention the fact that it makes more.) Anyway, slice it however you wish and then add fruit to each slice.
- If you choose to use the glaze, that step is before the fruit.
- I know most recipes I have seen for Fruit Pizza call for it but I personally don't like the stuff.
- Cheese spread and fruit are more than enough flavor for this dish.
- Refrigerate until cheese spread sets so as not to make such a big mess.
I brought this dish to my son's classroom Valentine party and it was a hit. You're absolutely right, it does not need the glaze.