Recipe by CookbookCarrie
My Grandma used to make this for all of the family get-togethers. I remember the first time I had it, it was so yummy...and I dont like pineapple! With this recipe, I ate it all!
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons fruit juice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- fresh strawberries
- banana, sliced (dipped in lemon juice)
- 1 (17 ounce) can pineapple chunks (drain and reserve juice)
- 1 can mandarin orange (drain and reserve juice)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix curst ingredients thoroughly.
- Press into 2 round pizza pans or 2 jelly roll pan.
- Bake 8-10 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Mix together sugar, softened cream cheese, and fruit juice.
- Spread on cooled crust.
- Top with strawberries, banannas, pineapples, and oranges.
- Cook fruit juice from pineapple and mandarin oranges with cornstarch until slightly thick.
- Drizzle over fruit.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.