Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tasty pizza-size/shape tart with cream cheese layer topped with sliced fruits.
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup cold butter
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 -3 teaspoon lemon juice (to personal taste)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- For crust: Mix together crust ingredients and pat into a pizza pan.
- Bake at 300°F for 10-15 minutes, no longer.
- For glaze: Combine glaze ingredients in saucepan, mixing cornstarch with a small amount of the pineapple juice before adding to pan.
- Heat to a boil; cook until thickened.
- Let glaze cool.
- For first layer: Beat together cream cheese, vanilla and sugar until creamy.
- When crust has cooled, spread mixture over top of crust.
- For second layer: Arrange any variety of cut up fruits atop cream cheese layer in an interesting pattern.
- Spread glaze over top and refrigerate until chilled through.
- Best if served within 4-6 hours.
I make this several times a year. It's really good
Love the crust on this one. I actually changed it up a bit. I cut out most of the sugar in the cream cheese mix and added fat free cool whip. Also used half regular cream cheese & half pinapple cream cheese, so it was pretty sweet. DH loved it. Keeping this. I sent pictures to our grown kids. Hahahaha. Killed em' to see what they're missing. Lol.
YUM! This is the same recipe I always use except for the first layer I use powdered sugar rather than gran. This was the first time my sister had this kind of crust and she loved it! I usually like using only strawberries, kiwi, and bananas. Thanks!!