Recipe by bestbema
Delicious dessert on a cookie dough crust. Simulate a round pepperoni pizza or make a rectangular red/white & blue "flag" for the 4th of July! Have fun with this edible art, Christmas can be all red and green fruit...just tint the "sauce" green and shape the dough into a tree form on a cookie sheet before baking. Imagination is the key here...that AND a delicious dessert!It can be made using Fat Free cream cheese,fat free sour cream and SPLENDA to make a lower calorie version for dieter's and diabetics.
- 1 (18 ounce) roll Pillsbury sugar cookie dough
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained (reserve juice)
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 -2 banana
- 1 pint strawberry, sliced vertically (stem to tip)
- 30 green seedless grapes, halved lengthwise
- 2 kiwi fruits, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 pint blueberries or 1 pint blackberries or 1 pint raspberries or 1 pint any fresh mixed berry
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare "crust" by pressing cookie dough onto ungreased disposable foil pizza pan, making small lip around edge. Bake at 350°F for 7-9 minutes. Cool.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar, sour cream & vanilla till smooth, adding a bit of the reserved pineapple juice for added flavor and better spreading consistency. Spread onto cooled crust, leaving 1/2 " edge.
- Prepare fruit by draining pineapple, reserving liquid. Slice bananas into pineapple juice to retard browning. Drain.
- Drain oranges, Slice all other fruit.
- Start arranging the sliced strawberries around edge of crust, points facing out. Next add pineapple, spreading evenly over cream cheese. Then just layer all the other fruit over the "pizza" in a pleasing manner. I usually put the kiwi on last as it's the "pepperoni". Garnish the center, if desired, with a whole strawberry.